Friday, August 2, 2013

New Mexico on Film

We try to see all movies filmed in New Mexico, so this weekend we 're going to see 2 Guns with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg. I actually jogged past them while they were filming. Was I hoping that I would be discovered, or at the very least get a pay or play option on my Rattlesnake Lawyer screenplay.

Don't laugh, Michael Eisner the head of Disney once gave a two picture deal to his ski instructor at Aspen. The result was a very forgettable film called "Aspen Exteme." Why not Albuquerque Extreme?

A few weekends ago,we saw The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp. It was not a very good film, but it was fun seeing the locations we'd visited in real life. Apparently we might as well be known as the Lone Theatergoers, because the movie is losing a fortune. We should have worn masks. Who were those masked theatergoers anyway?

By the way, I was actually interviewed regarding the film industry a few weeks ago, when I was up in Santa Fe. I was wearing a suit and the reporter thought I was a producer. Cool!

My dry cleaners now has signed pictures of every star who passes through and gets their shirts pressed. Mark Wahlberg apparently likes heavy starch.

Louis, a guy at the gym, is now an extra in almost every film. He even claimed to have a love scene with Charlize Thereon. Thankfully for her, that was cut from the final film.

 I thought I had left Hollywood twelve years ago, but to paraphrase Al Pacino in Godfather 3, "Just when I thought I was out...they start filming a block away."

No comments:

Post a Comment