Sunday, September 8, 2013

Breaking up with Breaking Bad

What are we going to do on Sunday nights when Breaking Bad is over? After tonight's episode there are only a few more to go, and then what? Low Winter Sun? Sorry, but that's no winter sun. At least there's Sunday night football, Cowboys Giants could be interesting.

The Simpsons is coming back on Sundays, but the Simpsons has jumped so many sharks, that there can be a Shark Week episode about that. Celebrity Apprentice? I stopped watching that when the show was pre-empted for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. Don't you think that the President deliberately made the announcement to tee off Trump. If Osama had been only captured and was able to post bond, he might actually have been a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice and we would be talking about the Osama Omarosa alliance.

Maybe I should go to the office on Sunday nights and get ready for the week. There are people who are so organized that they give themselves detailed notes for every day. I wish I could be like that, but I'm not.

We've stopped going out for dinner during this show's seven o'clock run. It's too early for blue meth at seven. We should probably start spending more time with our families once the show is over, and talk about feelings.

Well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now, I'm worried about whether Walt will kill Jesse or vice versa. Will Walt Jr finally figure out that his father is a bad man? Will Skyler keep the money?

My gut instinct is that when the Simpsons comes on, or I'm watching football, or God Forbid the Celebrity Apprentice, I will still be thinking about Breaking Bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment