Monday, July 1, 2013

Writing after Marriage

Today is my first wedding anniversary. I had wondered if I would still be able to write after marriage. In fact, my last novel, Rattlesnake Wedding, dealt with many of the anxieties of preparing for getting married. But most of it was written BEFORE I tied the knot.

So what have I written in the last twelve months of marital bliss?

Well, this blog was my wife's idea. She kept saying that I should write something productive as opposed to posting so much on Facebook. Turns out it was a great idea, over 3,000 people have checked it out. I've also submitted this blog to the Southwest Writers Contest. We'll see if it wins.

If the stars align, there's a very real chance, that this blog might become an ebook before the end of the year.

Speaking of Southwest Writers, my collection of short stories, Laws and Loves took second in their writing competition in the non-fiction. That was at a ceremony where we had the worst meal together as a couple, but that's a story for another time.

I've edited Laws and Loves and it is also ready to go.

Through Southwest Writers, I am also the executive producer of their compilation of member submissions. Look for it November 15.

All three books might come out on the same day.
But wait, there's more . . .

For the National Novel in a Month contest, I started a science fiction novel, tentatively titled Lawyer 2112. That's in pretty good shape. I also revised a western novel that was sitting in my computer. Believe it or not, the western novel has some of the same characters as the science fiction novel, and I put in an extra paragraph in the old book tying it to the new.

So far, the wedding has been good for my writing! And the writing has been good for the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment