Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Blog for the Hillel

Hillel said something like "If I am not for myself, who will be for me, but if I am only for myself, what am I?" I'm trying an experiment today. I want to see if I write a blog and do not advertise it anywhere, whether anyone else will read it. I can check the "stats" for every blog I post and there seems to be a core of you out there that are indeed reading anything. Today, feels like letting the blog swim by itself for the first time.

I do worry that I promote too much. It is a fine line. We all turn off after awhile if there is a constant onslaught of information. There are ads we can recite by heart, and we've never bought the product. I don't know what a sham wow is, and don't intend to learn. We've all been stuck at a cocktail party with an insurance salesman.

However, advertising does work. We really did save money on car insurance by switching to Geico. Had those constant irritating ads not been up there, we never would have switched.

There are also writers out there that have indeed written the perfect novel, but have not submitted, much less advertised it.

Today, I am going to violate Hillel, and only blog for myself. Tomorrow, we'll be back and be blogging for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment