Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Is Rattlesnake Wedding Real?

My novel Rattlesnake Wedding has its ebook premiere on Valentine's Day. The author picture on the back is of my wife and I, but I did NOT have a rattlesnake wedding. I am not Dan Shepard and my wife is not Luna Cruz.
Hopefully, people will know the difference.

I once had a very strange expericence, when a reader asked me to "set him up" with Luna Cruz.
"She's fictional," I said.
"I like Scandanavian chicks," he said.

The two main characters get married in the District Courthouse. Tragedy strikes them at a reception afterwards when a witness in a case seeks vengeance. You'll have to wait until the end of the book to find out who lives.

As for us, we didn't get married at the courthouse, and the worst thing that happened at our wedding was that the DJ played "Under the Sea" as opposed to "And he kissed me," upon our entrance.

Rattlesnake Wedding also has a love triangle, well, a love quadrangle. Luna's old love is accused of kidnapping a woman who may or may not be Luna's long lost sister. Dan is stupid enough to represent him in court. Needless to say, that is NOT based on real life. Luna has a daughter who is progedy at the Albuquerque Academy. My wife does not have a daughter in school.

However, in researching the book, we did go to many of the places that the characters went to. We did travel to Valles Caldera and like the main characters we were bored. We did kiss on a gondola at the Venetian in Las Vegas. I felt the same love for my wife on my wedding day that Dan obviously felt for Luna.

She's not Scandanavian however...

No comments:

Post a Comment