Friday, November 8, 2013

Thor Throat: or Film the Next Avengers in ABQ!

In Albuquerque, we've all had Breaking Bad encounters, well, I broke bad with Thor himself! Thor almost bought my novel Rattlesnake Lawyer when he filmed the Avengers here in Albuquerque. I was doing a book signing at Barnes & Noble in Coronado Center, and this blond giant was heading out the door. I asked him if he wanted a copy of my book, and he gave me the Thor look. That's the look that stared down Loki in three films. Well, needless to say, he didn't buy the book, but the moment was ...immortal!

We need to get Hollywood to film the next Avengers film in Albuquerque. Our film professionals can compete with anyone in the world. We are ready for the world. The film is currently entitled "The Age of Ultron, " and features the giant robot Ultron and a god of death named Thanos. I saw a guy who looked just like Thanos in Metro Court yesterday and he wasn't wearing make-up. Breaking Bad showed that we could do a good shoot out in New Mexico in Tahijilee. (I'm not going to bother to spell check). Ultron, you better watch your back if you're stuck in traffic at the Paseo del Norte interchange.

During the filming of the last Avengers film, there was a rumor that the Black Widow, Scarlett Johannsen herself, was living in my building. The building has a few units owned by the studios, but usually they house a cranky cinematographer or two...A young woman who did bear a passing resemblance to Scar Jo did indeed live down the hall. This woman always wore a UNM hoodie and sunglasses indoors. It turns out that it was just a sorority girl, but it was fun to live next to someone we thought was famous....

Albuquerque isn't just ready for its close up, we've shown that we've been ready for years. I don't need to mention the films that have come here, Hell Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg have filmed here so many times that Denzel owns property.

By the way, did I mention that Star Wars is alerady scheduled to film here?

No comments:

Post a Comment